Winning with Mid Century Modern Design

For those that know me, they know that I love mid century modern design and architecture. There's just something about it that just makes me swoon. I love the light, the windows, the flat roof and the connection it offers between the indoors and outdoors. 

When I lived in Sydney recently for a short stint I was lucky enough to rent a little mid century modern home in the suburb of Hunters Hill which is on the North Shore. After moving in we discovered it was a famous little house as it was the first ever Wilkinson Award winning house for the NSW Chapter of the Australian Architects Association. It confirmed everything for me about mid century modern design and more. Here's a couple of pics.

It was certainly hard to leave!






Comments

Popular Posts